What is the objective of this exam?
When you pass this exam, you will attain the Maintenance Connection Certified Administrator credential. It validates the skills necessary to help implement, configure, and manage a corporate Maintenance Connection account.
How long is this certification valid?
The certification is valid for 2 Years from the time of completion, at which time you will be notified that you can refresh your certification at a discounted price.
What coursework or experience is recommended for this exam?
A combination of our self-paced e-learning via MC University, self-study in the MC User Connect Library, and on-the-job experience will prepare candidates to take the exam. Specific exam prep details can be found at MC University. If you don't have a MC University subscription yet, you can get access by purchasing the Certification Exam.
What topics does the exam cover?
- Physical Asset Management - 10%
- Preventive Maintenance Scheduling - 12%
- Inventory Management - 8%
- Work Order Life Cycle - 8%
- System Configuration and Preferences - 42%
- Mobile and Add-ons - 2%
- Reporting - 18%
Want more information?
Select the headers below to see a detailed description of everything MC Certification!
- How to Purchase and Register for the Certification Exam
- Click the Register Now button to head over to our Certification Exam platform.
- Under the "Featured Certifications," select the Certification for System Administrators option.
- Click the Get This Course button.
- You will be prompted to either Sign Up or Log In to get the course. Select the Sign Up button.
Note: Since we are using a separate platform for the Certification Exam, users will need to register for that platform in order to purchase and take the exam. While your MC User Connect login credentials do not automatically carry over to the exam platform, we ask that you use the same email address for both usernames.
- In the dialog that appears, fill in the proper information to create your account.
- You will then be guided through the payment process. Please be aware that purchasing the Exam requires a credit card transaction via PayPal. When prompted, select the Pay with Debit or Credit Card option:
Note: Users outside of the US may be required to log in to PayPal first before they are able to pay with a credit card.
- When you're done purchasing the Certification Exam, you can access your account to take the exam when you're ready.
- You will have 90 days from the time of purchase to complete your exam.
This exam is an exhaustive assessment of your System Administration abilities in MC. Click here to head over to MC University and see a detailed study guide to help you prepare for the exam.
How much does it cost to take the Certification Exam?
The current price for the System Administrator MC Certification is $299. See the "How to Purchase and Register" segment above for info on how to purchase.
Do I need to schedule my exam in advance?
No. After you purchase the Certification Exam, you will have 90 days to take the exam before your registration expires.
How long do I have to take the exam after purchasing?
You have 90 days from the time of purchase before your registration expires.
What if I don't have a MC University subscription to prep for the exam?
If you do not have a MC University subscription yet, you can get one for a limited time by purchasing the MC Certification Exam at this link. And don't forget to check out this article in MC University for a full study guide for the exam. You can access this article even if you don't have subscription to MC University yet.
How long is the Certification valid?
Because Maintenance Connection is always improving, it is always changing. We believe it is important to re-certify every 2 years and validate that your skills are advancing right alongside the product and current best practices. As mentioned above, your MC Certification is valid for 2 Years from the time of completion, at which time you will be notified that you can refresh your certification at a discounted price.
How long is the exam?
The exam consists of 100 questions, and you have 90 minutes to complete it. On average, you will need to answer each question in less than 1 minute. There is a running clock that displays during the exam, so you will always know how much time you have remaining to complete the exam.
What is a passing grade?
Out of 100 questions, you must get at least 72 correct to pass the exam and receive your MC Certification.
How much time should I study for the exam?
To put yourself in a position to pass the exam, we estimate that those with less than 2 years of experience as a MC System Administrator should study 18-30 hours. Those with more than 2 years of experience should study 14-20 hours.
These estimates are broken down further in the How to Prep for the Sys Admin MC Certification Exam article.
What kinds of questions will I see on the exam?
There are a handful of different types of questions on the exam, including:
- Multiple Choice: The majority of questions are multiple choice, some of which have a single correct answer and some of which have multiple correct answers. The exam makes it clear which is which, so don't worry about having to figure that out on your own.
- True/False: You've got a 50/50 shot even if you have no idea what the answer is!
- Matching: a/k/a Drag-n-Drop because you drag each answer to its appropriate counterpart. These questions test your knowledge of terms, tools and types.
- Free Text: Don't worry--you have to answer these questions in your own words, but you don't have to write an essay. You can answer all of these questions with less than 20 words if you're really concise. Most of these questions ask you to explain certain processes in MC.
- Fill the Gap: These questions give you a sentence or two with gaps/blanks for you to fill in. You select the appropriate answers from dropdown lists with 2 or 3 options.
- Ordering: There are very few of these questions on the exam. They present a scenario with a list of items to drag-and-drop into their proper order.
Once you register for the Certification on our exam platform, you will have access to a sample exam that lets you practice all these question types, and previews variations that questions can take within their different types. We suggest making use of these sample questions as you study so that you can get an idea of what the real exam will feel like. Taking a look at the sample will not affect the start time of the official Certification Exam.
You can also view some of these sample questions in the How to Prep for the Sys Admin Certification Exam article.
Let's say I pass. How will I let people know I'm certified?
Becoming a certified MC Administrator can advance your career in a number of ways. For starters, as soon as you pass the Certification Exam, you will see an option to add your certification to your LinkedIn profile. After all, you're only truly certified if it's posted on social media.
What if I don't pass the exam?
If you do not pass the exam, we will re-assign the exam to you after 30 days so that you can take it again at no additional cost and without having to re-register. You will have another 90 days before your registration for the re-take exam expires. If you do not pass the exam for a second time, you will need to re-purchase the exam at the listed price in order to attempt it again.
Will I see the same test on a re-take?
The exam utilizes a Question Bank, so the questions in every exam are randomized.
What if I have more questions?
Just let us know! You can email the MC Certification Team at email@example.com.
Ready to get certified? Click the Register Now button below to being the purchasing and registration process for the Certification Exam. If you do not currently have access to MC University, purchasing the Certification Exam will also subscribe you to MC University. If you have any questions that weren't covered on this page, feel free to post a comment below, and we'll be in touch! You can also reach out to the MC Certification Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.