This article gives you the basic rundown of how to sign up for, log into, and start using Maintenance Connection.
- How to Sign Up for a Member ID and Password
You must first register to use Maintenance Connection before you can receive your Member ID and Password. Once you have these, you can access the application and get work!
- How to Log In to Maintenance Connection
- Main Application (MRO) and MC Express
How to Log In to the Main Application (MRO)
- Connect to maintenanceconnection.com in your browser and select the Log In button in the top right-hand corner of the screen:
- This will take you to the Log In screen, where you can enter your Member ID and Password, and then click OK:
- Follow the links on the screen if you are having trouble logging in, forgot your password, or still need to sign up to receive your Member ID and Password. You can also reach out to your system administrator at your organization for help logging in.
- Once you have accessed the system, you can select the application you would like to open. The second segment of this article provides an overview of navigating the Main Application (MRO), which can be accessed from this screen by selecting the Maintenance, Repair & Operations Work Center option:
How to Log In to MC Express
- Go to express.maintenanceconnection.com on your mobile device.
- Enter your Member ID and Password and click the Login button:
- If you forgot your password, click here to access the Forgot My Password tool, and follow the directions on screen. If you're still having trouble logging in, please reach out the system administrator at your organization.
Note: If you are receiving an error message after entering proper login credentials, check out the Log In Errors and Password Issues article for some troubleshooting helps.
- Basic Navigation of the Main Application (MRO)
This segment is a very basic overview of how to get around in Maintenance Connection's Main Application (a.k.a. MRO). The MC University course, "Maintenance Connection 101," dives deeper into this topic and trains users on navigational conventions and features within MC. Please consider subscribing to MC University to get this course!
- Upon logging into the Main Application (MRO), you will be greeted by the Home Page and the Work Orders module. To access a different module, select the green Module Menu control on the left side of the screen:
- The Module Menu will open, from which you can access any modules to which you have access rights. Simply, select the text for the desired module to open it:
- In every module, the List Pane displays on the left side of the screen, showing the records stored in that module:
- Within the List Pane, you can either select a record from the List tab, or you can search for a specific record within a module by accessing the Search tab, where you can use the available filter to execute a search.
Tip: If you are searching for a specific value that appaers anywhere in the record name or ID, put the "%" at the beginning of the search value. Your search results will then include all the records that have that value within in, even if the value does not come at the beginning of the name or ID:
- Selecting a record in the List Pane opens that record on the right side of the screen, an area known as the Work Center:
Tip: As you navigate through the Main Application (MRO), you can always access additional records without losing your place or leaving progress on an open record. The easiest way to do this is to right-click on applicable fields, and select the option to Open in New Window. This will open that record in a different window so that you can easily navigate right back to the record you were viewing before opening the new record:
- Most of the creating and editing of records in Maintenance Connection takes place in the Work Center, which is organized by tabs and sub-tabs. Simply click on these tabs to open up information related to the label:
- Each tab contains fields that define specific information about the record. Click inside these fields to type in a value:
- Some fields are also associated with lookups, as indicated by the down arrow at the end of applicable fields. Use these lookups to select an appropriate value for the field:
- Fields with lookups also have the capacity to auto-complete typed-in values. If you begin typing a value into the field, any values available in the lookup that match what you have typed will appear. You can then select from the options shown to fill in the field:
Tip: One of the greatest benefits of these lookups is that they reduce typo's or otherwise inaccurate values from being applied to fields. This is a huge help in keeping data entry accurate and in alignment with your organization's processes.
- Whenever you are editing a record, you will have the option to either Save your changes or Cancel them. The buttons to perform these actions appear in the upper right-hand corner of the screen:
- Wherever you are in the Main Application (MRO) you can use the buttons on the Tool bar to create a new record, open a different module, open the expanded view of the List Pane, access the Reporter, and more:
- You can also use the Menu bar to determine various settings, or open dialogs external to the List Pane and Work Center. These include changing viewing settings from the View menu, and opening up the Preferences dialog and other tools from the Tools menu:
- It is important that you do not use the Back/Forward buttons provided by your internet browser, and that you only use the navigation options within the application itself. Using the browser buttons to navigate will end your session and perhaps cause you to lose unsaved work:
- Similarly, do not use the X closing option on your browser to close a session in Maintenance Connection. You have to use the Log Off option to exit the application; otherwise, your session will continue running even if you are no longer using the application:
We're just scratching the surface of all the content available to help you use Maintenance Connection to its full potential. Check out the rest of the MC User Connect Library for more!
And, for even more training opportunities in every aspect of Maintenance Connection, please consider subscribing to our premium, on-demand training offered in MC University. You can also reach out to your Account Owner to request one-on-one training.