We are updating this article to make you aware that the latest release of Google Chrome has fixed the user experience and data integrity issues cause by the previous version of the Chrome browser. If you use Chrome to run MC applications, please upgrade to the latest version of Chrome and previously reported errors should be resolved.
How to Upgrade to the Newest Version of Chrome
Google Chrome version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) fixes the data issue. All users of Google Chrome will need to be on this version in order to prevent theses errors from recurring. Google Chrome will update when you view the “About Chrome” information.
There are 2 methods to do this:
- Enter the following address into the Chrome Address Bar: chrome://settings/help
- In your Chrome browser, navigate to Menu>Help>About Google Chrome:
Once the auto-update completes, users will need to re-launch Chrome to complete the upgrade.
How to Fix Data Issues Caused by Previous Version of Chrome
We have already fixed any Chrome-related data issues for all Cloud customers. No further action is needed from Cloud customers.
On Premise customers who may have been affected can view this article to download and run a SQL fix for Part data.
Various Issues Caused by Previous Version of Chrome
We have listed below some of the issues we are aware of that are associated with the previous version of Chrome, along with their support ticket numbers. Please keep in mind that this list is not exhaustive
- JIRA MC-626: Blank tabs in the Technician Work Center (TWC):
- JIRA MC-626: Blank tabs in the Main Application (MRO):
- JIRA MC-626: Cannot add new document on Attach tabs because the New Document dialog is blank:
- JIRA MC-638: Adding a Line Item to a Purchase Order adds spaces to the value in Vendor Item# field:
- JIRA MC-638: Receiving a Line Item on a Purchase Order adds spaces after the value in Bin location field. Removing the spaces after value and then applying the receipt will make sure issues do not arise with Transactions and On Hand quantities:
- JIRA MC-638: When using Lookup Tables – Using the alphabet letter selector tabs in Lookup tables, spaces are added at end of search value, causing results to show no records. Removing spaces and executing the search again will search for the correct value:
- JIRA MC-639: Adding a Direct Issue Part quantity to a Work Order does not show the correct location and order information. Also, the Direct Issue Part does not appear on the Order Parts>Direct Issue Items>Select Direct Issue Items lookup: